So Katie (aka “ralphmyhippie” over on LJ) posted this on her LJ, and I took the plunge and asked to be interviewed. My response is below along with the rules. Enjoy . . . or not. Whatev.
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better ! If I already know you well, expect the questions may be a little more intimate!
3. You WILL update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
1. what is one random thing you miss about glascow (with a zed, not a SSS)
For one thing, it’s Glasgow, not Glass Cow. Freak. And I miss the Maggie and it’s accompanying Scooby Snacks. The Maggie = snack cart, Scooby Snack = hamburger patty, sausage patty, bacon, egg, tattie scone, all on a bun. Mmmmm . . . Cholesterol . . .
2. do you believe in ghosts, and if so, how does it fit into your views of the afterlife, if you believe in such a thing?
I absolutely believe in ghosts, having encountered many of them in the course of my life/travels. Yes yes, as Terry Foy would say I’ve been hit pretty hard with the New Age Stick, but there you have it. And in general I believe that when one dies, in ideal situations their soul goes to rest with their Creator depending on their own beliefs, but since life isn’t perfect, the afterlife couldn’t possibly be either, so sometimes things go wrong and we get ghosts! (and in keeping with your next question, the scariest/most upsetting ghost(s) I saw were in the vaults in Edinburgh. BAD THINGS went on in there!)
3. why are there so many gothic teenagers running around ediburgh?
Haven’t got a bloody clue. I saw a lot more punks than goths, but either way I’m thinking it’s because concepts like childcare and responsible parenting aren’t as “advanced” as they are here, and so kids run wild A LOT more!
4. Do you believe in (or parts of to be true) King Arthur? explain.
Once I would have said yes. Alas, education has been forced upon me and I have to say a whole lot of no. I know that there was a Welsh/Alban general name Arthur (or Artorius, or something similar) but Camelot? Lancelot? Guienevere? Non. We can point at individual stories when each was added as an author’s flourish, more’s the pity. I DO think that those characters are some EXCELLENT examples of mythological archetypes which can be used to explain a lot of the human condition, however!
5. what is one thing you absolutly adore about me~
It’s all about the boobies.
KIDDING! No, what I love about you is the similar-yet-ever-so-divergent paths that we both represent. We were both raised in Mesa, we both went to the same church, and then we go off in different directions a bit. You embraced the church, I rejected it. You stayed pretty grounded while I am the weird one. But here we are, years later, both of us obsessed with history, working ren faires, constantly injuring ourselves (you)/getting sick (me). I love that there is so much that I can talk to you about and so many experiences that we’ve both had total independent of the other! So much fricken potential for really long rambling conversations! 😀
So there you have it. I’ve responded to your silly little interview! 😉 Missed you this weekend. Feel better soon!
Comment on this post